Developing An Attitude Of Gratitude
Godly gratitude is much more than in idea, or a word phrase. It's a habit, an attitude, a conscious choice to be truly thankful for all life brings, good or not so good. It's a way of living that graciously repays the debt of love and blessings God bestows on us. It's a way of living and thanking that shows we realize we are citizens of a spiritual kingdom, and that we have "a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens," waiting for us.
We may be ungrateful ...
- Because of affluence
- Because if pride
- Because of who we associate with
- Because of circumstances
We can develop an attitude of gratitude by ...
- Remembering how muchgratitude pleases God
- Avoiding complaining at all costs
- Making the personal choice to rejoice
- Developing the discipline of giving thanks